We need to downsize, so Kika is being offered for sale by her owners. For more information, contact Richard Soto: Nwboater@whidbey.net
We acquired Selene #4710 in January, 2017 from the original owners. Over the following three years we made significant upgrades to this already outstanding yacht. Much of that work is documented in blog posts that follow under this posting. Below is a partial list of the new equipment and systems that make this Selene Ocean Trawler the perfect long-range cruiser.
Kika is moored in Anacortes, WA.
A Partial List of Upgrades: (2017-2019)
- Kabola hydronic heating system w/pilothouse defrosters, heated towel rack
- KeyPower fin stabilizers w/digital control
- Bulbous Bow by Delta Marine
- Bayview Engineering articulating rudder
- Balmar 240 amp high-output alternator
- Victron Isolation Transformer
- Magnum Energy 2800 Pure Sine inverter-charger w/auto-gen start
- CruiseRO 40 gph watermaker with auto flush
- Powered stern-mounted dinghy davit
- Achilles 11' RIB powered by new fuel injected Suzuki 20hp outboard
- Built-in teak bench in saloon w/below storage
- Tecma fresh-water electric toilets, hoses, Sealand discharge pump
- 1200Ah AGM house bank, 2 separate 24V bow+stern thruster banks
- Surface Pro tablet PC w/Coastal Explorer nav program, Vesper XB-8000 AIS/GPS
- Maretron NMEA 2000 backbone, weather station, fuel vacuum sensor, DSM410 display
Full specifications and up-to-date photos are available to serious inquiries.
Contact Richard Soto at Nwboater@whidbey.net
We're Richard and Gwen (aka, Captain n' Cook), active boaters since moving to Seattle from Los Angeles in the early 90s. In that time we've owned several interesting vessels, but this blog will record our adventures on MV Kika, a Selene 47 Ocean Trawler.